The Springfield Home Ownership Program (SHOP) can assist with the first-time purchase of a home that:
- Is located within the Springfield City Limits.
- Is occupied by either the buyer or seller, or is vacant.
- Meets minimum housing quality standards as determined by HUD and the City of Springfield Housing Codes.
- Has an appraised value after any necessary repairs of less than $271,050 (update 2/25/09).
- Will become the principal residence of the purchaser.
NOTE: A manufactured home may qualify for SHOP assistance. Please contact the Springfield Housing Programs at 726-2358 to determine conditions of eligibility.
Links to Other Housing Resources